This article was first published on The Blueprint by Bluzelle - Medium
More than 25 billion connected devices will form the global Internet of Things (IoT) by 2021. IoT devices are generally limited in power and storage, yet many IoT networks require near real-time data to optimize decision-making and workflow efficiency. Balancing resource preservation and real-time responsiveness requires an integrated solution — we see three key challenges to overcome:
- IoT network activity and data rates are variable; peak demand must be managed properly
- Deploying IoT networks comes with high operational costs and barriers to entry, especially in remote areas
- IoT scenarios requiring real-time performance will increasingly need to be at the edge
Centralized solutions alone cannot address these challenges. Rather, a decentralized tech stack which facilitates seamless interaction between IoT-friendly blockchains and data storage services will bring IoT to the next level. Bluzelle and IoTeX are excited to collaborate on optimizing performance of the next wave of IoT devices and applications.
“We’ve always seen the IoT use case for Bluzelle. With IoTeX we can reach the companies we target and provide more value to the IoTeX platform.” — Pavel Bains, CEO Bluzelle
As projects working in the blockchain and edge computing space, IoTeX and Bluzelle combine our respective experience to deliver meaningful capabilities for developers. As a first step, Bluzelle will integrate to the IoTeX Network and be offered as a database service for IoTeX DApps. After initial implementation, we will begin other initiatives which will be extended to blockchain & IoT developers:
- Data storage that scales dynamically to handle data production no matter the demand
- High speed cache to enable data to be shared and pushed to the edge with low latency
- No-Ops architecture to enable global reach without additional operational costs
Stay tuned to the official Bluzelle & IoTeX channels for updates on our progress!
“Efficient data processing and storage is a top priority for IoT ...
To keep reading, please go to the original article at:
The Blueprint by Bluzelle - Medium