This article was first published on Stories by IOS Foundation on Medium
Following the launch of IOST Mainnet Voting Stage, the Partners Voting Elections are in full swing with close to 2 BILLION votes already cast.
We have specially prepared this FAQ to help our Voters navigate the latest IOST mainnet landscape. This FAQ is divided into two major sections:
- Section A: Governance, Voting and Rewards
- Section B: Mainnet Token Swap and Wallet Options
SECTION A: GOVERNANCE, VOTING AND REWARDS
1. Why Does the IOST Node Election Matters to You?
IOST is a decentralized network and protocol. It is owned by you — its users — and the decisions made on its operation, how it develops and its future success is determined by you. You have invested into this project, because like us, you believe in the future of decentralized ecosystems. By owning part of the network (in the form of tokens), its future value is determined by all involved.
By voting with your tokens, you are deciding who represents you to govern the IOST network and who contributes to the future development of the ecosystem. We believe the full potential of IOST will be realized if Servi Nodes and Partners not only secure the network, but also work to build and grow the IOST ecosystem. Choosing the nodes that will be the most successful at this means you will enjoy the most benefits and rewards.
2. What Are The Rewards Given Out Every Year?
The total size of the Partners Reward Pool is 840 Million IOST, of which:
- 420 Million IOST comes from the IOST Ecosystem Fund, and
- 420 Million IOST comes from Token Issuance.
For the IOST Ecosystem Fund (“Ecosystem Rewards”), rewards are paid quarterly, based on:
- the share of votes cast by you as a voter (210 Million IOST) and
- contribution made by your chosen Node Partner (210 Million IOST).
For Token Issuance (“Token Issuance Rewards”), rewards are paid daily, based on:
- the share ...
To keep reading, please go to the original article at:
Stories by IOS Foundation on Medium