This article was first published on Stories by Skycoin on Medium
The Skycoin project kicked off 2019 with solid fundamental development and community growth. Progress on the ‘triple mainnet’ (as coined by Synth) of Skywire, CX and Obelisk is on track as per the Skycoin 2019 roadmap.
The number of nodes on Skywire tesnet approaches 10,000 and Skywire is now competing with Bitcoin for the largest number of distinct computing nodes running the respective distributed networking software. Joining Skywire at this late stage of testnet is encouraged, as you will still earn network rewards until mainnet bandwidth metering is activated.
A new testnet whitelisting procedure has been established to streamline onboarding of new DIY and Official Skyminers. There are two different websites to access:
- auth.skycoin.net — everyone using the system must first create a user account at this site for account creation, confirmation and password change
- whitelist.skycoin.net — register here to access the Skywire Whitelisting System, i.e. your data
The features of this new system include:
- You can change your Skycoin wallet address at will
- You can change the public keys associated with a Skyminer as it becomes necessary
- You can upgrade whitelisted Skyminers and add more boards to them
- You can review the pictures associated with your Skyminers, and last but not least
- You can submit new applications and review your application status and receive email notifications
Refer to the Skywire Whitelisting System on Github Wiki for the complete instructions and join the Public Service Announcement Skywire Telegram group to receive the latest notifications as they are announced.
The next version of the CX programming language (V0.6) was released in late January, and can be accessed from Github. This release incorporates a host of upgrades, building towards CX integration with the Skycoin blockchain. Blockchain integration will eventually allow Skycoin Fiber chains to run ...
To keep reading, please go to the original article at:
Stories by Skycoin on Medium