This article was first published on iExec - Medium
Project Update #9 — 7 Key Takeaways from iExec V3 announcements, Listings and more
After the V3 release, let’s take a look back at all the recent announcements, releases and events in recent weeks.
On May 15th, iExec V3 smart contracts went live on Ethereum main net. This major annual milestone introduces a new Data Wallet that makes secure data renting possible. Along with V3 upgrades in security and reliability, for the very first time, individuals can connect to iExec and contribute their computing power to earn money. As part of V3, iExec also launched its Enterprise Edition for corporates wishing to do business with blockchain and announced a mainstream industry collaborators.
iExec also announced being ahead of schedule with the roadmap and that the next version, iExec V4, will be released sooner than planned - at the end of 2019.
7 Main extracts from the iExec V3 release news:
- Data Wallet (a new business model of data renting is now possible)
- iExec for Enterprise
- EDF energy deploys on iExec
4. Tech upgrades: Faster and More Secure. New and improved middleware, a bridge for sidechains, and decentralized brokering.
5. Decentralized Oracles with iExec
6. Public Worker Pools (individuals can become computing power providers)
7. iExec V4 coming earlier than planned — (ahead of schedule with the roadmap, V4 will be released at the end of the year)
iExec Public Worker Pool: A community event for iExec Workers
The iExec Public Worker Pool. 240 Machines connected, executing computational tasks for $RLC tokens, live on #Ethereum main net. ➡️ https://t.co/vieoFoBMiU 🎉 Available tasks have been increased to 7000 RLC worth for 24 hours!...
To keep reading, please go to the original article at:
iExec - Medium